Heard about adaptogen lately? These are herbal pharmaceuticals that usually used to counteract all the effects of life-threatening-stress.
Stress is a normal body response to events that make a person feels pressured or threatened; because of stress, it makes a person focus, alert, and energetic. However, if stress becomes too overwhelming, it becomes life-threatening, damaging a person’s well-being and health.
Fortunately, there are ways to beat up stress; and one of these is the adaptogens.
What are adaptogens?
Adaptogens are an exceptional group of herbs that are used to boost the health of your adrenal system – the one that is responsible for managing the hormonal response during stressful events. Here are adaptogenic herbs that you often find in most reliable and effective adaptogen supplements:
• Ashwagandha – Contains immune tonic, nervine relaxant, fertility tonic, and antispasmodic properties.
• Holy basil – Contains antioxidant, diuretic, carminative, expectorant, immune system tonic, and nervine properties.
• Rhodiola Rosea – Contains antiviral, immune stimulant, nervine, neuroprotectant, and heart tonic properties.
• Eleuthero – It contains nervine, immune tonic, hypoglycemic, and endurance booster properties.
• Cordyceps – This herb contains kidney and liver protectant, fertility tonic, immune aid, fatigue remedy properties.
• Amla – This herb contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, mild-laxative, and anti-viral properties.
How do adaptogens work?
These adaptogenic herbs are naturally designed to strengthen the body when responding to all sort of stress encountered.
According to the experts, adaptogens acts like a thermostat; it helps neutralize the body from producing stress hormones. Also, it helps you feel relaxed and calm during situations when you feel too much pressure. But, that is not all; adaptogens are able to work as follows:
- Better sources of energy – Ancient Chinese and Indian medicine have been using adaptogenic herbs to boost someone’s energy.
- Help reduce inflammation – One of the most common properties found in most adaptogenic herbs is the anti-inflammation capabilities. According to the experts, inflammation is an essential link between metabolic disease and stress; since inflammation is one of the body’s responses to stress, when intense stress over-activates, the natural inflammatory response of the body becomes imbalanced, which may lead to metabolic disorders. Fortunately, adaptogens have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation.
- Help reduce fatigue– Too much stress can cause fatigue; one of the most common effects of too much stress is fatigue. Taking adaptogen helps reduce fatigability; this is because most of the adaptogens contain anti-oxidants, throwing the toxins out of the body and boosting the immune system to help you overcome the effects of too much stress.
- Alleviates anxiety and depression –When a person is stressed, the normal synaptic regulation of the brain is compromised; thus, affecting the normal mental and emotional functions of a person experiencing too much stress. Fortunately, adaptogens were discovered to alleviate anxiety and depression felt by people who are often under stress.
There are other benefits that adaptogens can do, for instance:
• Balances the hormones, especially the production of cortisol.
• Fights cancer
• Reduces the levels of cholesterol
• Improves sleep
• Protects the liver and heart
So, if you live in a stressful environment, do not hesitate to take the best adaptogen supplement.